




It's so hard to believe that Chlöe is 9 months old! In the past month she has really changed SO much. Every month she changes, but it ramps up when the crawling begins. In the past month, Chlöe has learned to crawl, and cruise (hold on to furniture and walk). She visited her pediatrician and was 17 pounds 8 ounces, and 28 inches long! She did drop to the 25th percentile for weight. That is normal though. The charts used are based on formula fed babies and breastfed babies tend to be leaner. Based on the WHO charts for breastfed babies, Chlöe is a little more in the middle. She is within the normal bell curve in any case. She's happy and healthy. Crawling around burns a lot of calories. She is still eating happily quite often and we are not worried.
Actually speaking of eating, she has been loving organic fruits and veggies, mostly pureed, though she can also mash food with her little gums and use her two teeth (on the bottom). Today she even tried to hold her own glass of water and drink by herself. She doesn't quite have it figured out, but enjoys trying!!
This is the last week of having her home with us. Beginning next Monday, she will go to the Goddard school on the next block over. She'll be there Monday - Thursday for a half day. I'll go there half way through her half day and nurse her. So she'll have two blocks of about two and a half hours at "school". It is a very nice place and we are excited to have her begin making friends and socializing. I don't think the transition will be difficult and actually think she will be pretty happy. Here she tends to cry with the babysitter when I am working and she can see me, and I can't bear the thought of her crying and thinking that I want to ignore her. So I always go to her. But at the school, she wont be able to see me and will be busy with all of the activities (they do a LOT, including an art project, music, spanish, and sign language, everyday).
My sweet girl is growing up. I'm not really sad about her getting bigger and growing and learning. I feel so lucky and just am incredibly grateful for her health and happiness. She is wonderful. Yay for 9 funfilled life changing months!
Yay Chloe! Happy Birthday dear sweet girl! :D
ReplyDelete