
Chlöe Magnolia Willis was born July 9th, 2010 at 2:43 AM at St. Mary's Hospital in Reno, NV. She was 19" and 7 pounds 13 ounces at birth. Labor was really long, like 28 or 30 hours or so. I am not sure how you decide when you are actually in labor etc. I'm counting it from my strong contractions that began a few hours before my water broke at 1:00AM on July 7th (Wednesday).
Chlöe's birth story is hard for me to remember. I need to make an appointment to hang out with our doula, Sherry Asp, and try to write it all down.
Basically, at around 8pm or so on July 7th, I started to feel some real cramping and contractions and all around agitation. I didn't think much about it, though I did make some attempts at counting the length and time in between the contractions. Then I tried to pack my bag a little bit for the hospital and went to bed around 11:30pm. At about 1:00AM my water broke. I called Sherry and told her all of this and she came to my house. I labored all night at home and at about 10 or 11 am, Sherry and I went to the hospital. Then all sorts of things happened including me nearly having a C section. I am a little blurry on everything that happened, but ultimately at about 1:00am July 9th Friday, the nurse told me I was fully dilated and would be able to push soon. It took a while to get everything set up. I Skyped Chaos in South Africa and told him we were about to have the baby. He was standing outside of Nelson Mandela's house and it was really loud and there were some people singing about ice cream they were selling.
Then everyone came in the room and it was time for Chlöe to be born. It took about 25 minutes or so for me to push her out. I'll leave out the details there, but it was an amazing experience.
That's our story in a nutshell. Maybe one day I'll have the rest of the details, but for now, that is the basic story of how Chlöe was born.
The above picture is just a few hours after she was born.
No comments:
Post a Comment